At the end of June, Nef & I spent 48 hours in one of my favorites European cities; Landan baby! We got invited by The BodyShop to attend their global press preview and discover all their new goodies to be launched just in time for the Holiday season.
Having spent 4 unforgettable years of life there (thank you Marangoni crew), London holds a special place in my heart and every time I travel back, it feels like I've never left. It still feels like a second home to me..
Obviously in such a big city, our must-see list is extremely extensive, however I tried to round up my favorite things to do and places to see in just 48 short hours (according to what we did this time). Take notes!
- Go to NAC for brunch or lunch, a super cute French bistro right off Bond Street. It's the perfect spot to take a break in between your crazy shopping adventures around the area (Selfridges and Topshop are just around the corner). Fave dish is definitely the quinoa salad, and the truffled mac & cheese as a side. Oh, and don't forget to order a glass (0r two) of Pinot Grigio!
- If you're an early riser, take your morning walk in Hyde Park and then head to The Ivy Chelsea Gardens on King's Road. Sit on the garden and have your breaky. I'm dying over the Garden Breakfast and the Lobster Benedict.
- Try Pharmacy 2 for dinner, aka Damien Hirst newest restaurant in collaboration with Mark Hix, which as you can guess is a pharmacy-themed place (duh?) loved by all the A-list and now well, us. Besides the interior which is highly impressive, the food is pretty delicious too. They even have a vegetarian menu, which I highly appreciated, as both my Nef & I have stopped eating meat in quite a while.
- If the weather is nice and warm stop by Notch Ldn, a lovely rooftop terrace overlooking Oxford St, almost opposite Marble Arch. It's the ideal place to sip cocktails from jam jars and eat Mexican tacos from plastic plates.
- If you're a Greek food lover - but how could you not be? - pop by Opso, a Greek diner/bar just off Marylebone High Street (before or after your shopping spree at Matches of course) that offers THE best modern Greek recipes I've tasted in quite a while. This place made me proud (and slightly fatter).
I believe that's all for now. Yeah, that's not quite a lot, I know, but how much can a person do in just a couple of days? I promise to share my official London guide very very soon - just in time for London Fashion Week maybe? Stay tuned ladies and gents!
- Nat x
Shop Nef & Nat's wardrobe HERE.