Where to go, what to see and - most importantly - what to pack!
Paros has to be one of my favorite Cycladic islands. Not as exotic as Mykonos nor as unique as Santorini, but there's just something about it that makes even the most demanding traveller fall for it.
My boyfriend and I took a long weekend off at the beginning of June to visit our beloved island and having received numerous questions on things to do and places to visit, I decided to put together a small list of all my must-see's.
SO many hidden gems for you to discover! Are you ready?
WHERE TO STAY
I always stay in/or around Naoussa, a beautiful fishing village on the northern part of the island known for its quaint streets, hip restaurants and best cocktail bars. The number of "fancy" hotels in the area is limited, however I'd suggest you opt for something small close to the town centre - cause parking is a nightmare, especially in July/August - or simply look for an airbnb (always saves the day).
This time around we stayed at Hotel Senia, a great option if you ask me, as it offers wonderful sea views, an infinity pool (in case you feel too lazy leaving the hotel) and it's literally 3 min walking from the heart of Naoussa. Jackpot!
WHERE TO EAT
- Grab breakfast at Cafe Karino - they serve the freshest and healthiest dishes, including Eggs Benedict & Pancakes!
- Try traditional Italian ice-cream at Gelateria S.Cream - the chocolate stevia (!) flavor is THE best I've ever tasted.
- My favorite restaurants on the island are Soso (a taverna in the centre of Naoussa), Tao's (a Thai place on a top of a hill with amazing sea views) & Thea (a Greek-Turkish restaurant with the best wine selection located in Pounta). They are all very different from each other, so make sure you try all three of them.
- Other good dining options are Yemeni & Barbarossa - both in Naoussa - or Siparos, which is located in a seaside area near Santa Maria.
- MUST-VISIT: "Paradosiako" in Naoussa serves THE best traditional loucoumades in the entire world. I remember myself going there since the age of 10 (talking about 16 years ago) and it's still one of the first stops I make when I'm back on the island.
WHAT TO PACK
Paros is not as fancy as Mykonos, so I'd suggest you keep it simple, but you can still get dressy on your night-out.
Besides the obvious - aka tons of swimsuits - pack a number of dresses/cover-ups, little playsuits, off-the-shoulder tops and denim shorts. Please (like I'm begging you) forget about heels - wedges included - and opt for sandals (all kinds) to match your every outfit. A beach bag and a straw hat are also obligatory.
NOTE: If there's things you forget (yep, it even happens to the best of us), don't worry too much as Naoussa is a shopper's paradise with a handful of fashionable stores to splurge on. Jet Black & Angel's are my faves!
Check my full packing list on the slider below:
Obviously this is not all pals, I will make sure to add more tips to the list the next time I'm there.
- Nat x