I was recently going through some your comments and realized that even though I've been sharing my life online for quite some time now, you don't seem to know a lot of personal things about me. That's due to the fact that I try very hard to keep my private & professional life separate - yes, it is doable even for a blogger.
I'm still not sure if this is the correct approach or it simply pushes my followers away, what I know is that I finally (!) decided to open up a little bit and give you some long-awaited answers, including what's my first job, who the hell is Pablo, what's my fave TV character and what photo apps I swear by! Ready?
- I have a BA in Fashion Business from Istituto Marangoni in London and have also taken a couple of short courses in Fashion Buying & Trend Forecasting at Parsons in New York.
- I have lived 4 years in London and then almost a year (in total) in New York before ended up moving back to Greece in March 2016. I absolutely adore both cities - for different reasons each - but I cannot imagine myself living in either of them for the rest of my life. Greece, on the other hand, is ideal for a whole lot of different reasons.
- My first real job was as a sales assistant at MATCHESFASHION in Marylebone High Street back in 2010 and I remember spending my entire salary in shoes and well, shoes. Every bloody month.
- I do run this blog for a living, it's my one and only profession and I'm grateful beyond words for that. But I'm very excited to tell you that I'll be also launching a new project in the upcoming months. I won't reveal more at the moment, you'll have to wait and see <3
- Nef & I still work together as a team and I'm beyond proud of what we have achieved as a duo. However, we have also decided that it's time to start building our personal brands on the side and pursue our passions as individuals.
- I am 1.74m tall, but don't know how much I weigh. No, I am not "dreading the scale", as most women say, it's just that I don't necessarily think there's an ideal weight for me or any woman for that matter. As long as I feel healthy and fit into my clothes, I'm happy. Obviously there are days that I look in the mirror and hate what I see, days that I feel fat/bloated/ugly, but who doesn't? The key is to start accepting & loving yourself and working towards a better you every.single.day.
- I normally workout 3-4 times a week with a personal trainer. I say normally cause it's hard to keep up during vacation or while traveling. These past couple of months have been very intense, and have not been able to stay strict to my schedule, but I have tried to fit a workout every here and there (not always very successfully).
- I always gain some weight during the cold months - and I mean always. Even though my boyfriend gets super excited about this, I personally hate it. There, I said it - I'm not as cool as you'd think I am. But chocolate is too good to resist and bikini season is still very far away and you know what, YOLO.
- I was diagnosed with a stomach issue a while back, which does not allow me to indulge in specific food groups. Hence, I have adopted very healthy eating habits in the past years and I have seen quite a difference in my body. I still eat a lot of sweets though - which is my main weakness - as well as carbs (always and forever in love with pasta & pizza), but trying to keep everything in moderation. #CaloriesDontCountOnSundays though, so it's OK to give yourself a break once a week.
- I'm obsessed with pop corn. I can eat pop corn every single day. So naturally, my favorite and most thoughtful gift someone has ever given me is the Popcorn maker Alex got me last year.
- The reason why I do not post more videos of myself talking is that - believe it or not - I'm extremely shy. I cannot stand watching myself on camera or hearing my own voice - I literally turn red. This is also the reason why I do not make any TV appearances at all. So I'm not sure I'll be able to start the Q&A vlogs you've been requesting anytime soon...
- If you're an aspiring blogger, my main piece of advice is to find your nieche. The competition is extremely high out there, so you need to be able to find the right group of people to appeal to. Also, you need to ask yourself why you want to become a blogger. Do you have something worth-sharing or you just want to be insta-famous and get freebies? Cause the latter, is not a good enough reason IMO.
- My favorite TV show is Breaking Bad - always and forever. Have never felt more attached to any other fictional character than I did with Mr White & Jesse. My favorite TV character is hands down Eleven from Stranger Things - this girl is #goals, as well as the ultimate Instagram sensation at the age of 13. You go El!
- Pablo - the cute little guy you see on my stories every now and then - is of mixed breed and rescued. He was found on the garbage as a puppy and we adopted him when he was only 20 days old. He's probably the best thing that has happened to me the past couple of years.
- My boyfriend (Alex) & I have been together for almost 3 years now. He has nothing to do with the blogging industry and I actually try to keep him as away from the fashion world as possible. I think it's much healthier that way. I remember dragging him to PFW once, in one of my busiest seasons ever. Well, he promised he won't be coming again anytime soon..
- I don't think I have a favorite place on earth - I guess I haven't found Paradise yet hehe. New York holds a very special place in my heart though, and Santorini takes my breath away every damn time ;)
- I love reading books. It's my favorite summer pastime. In the winter is a bit more difficult to indulge as much as I'd like, but I always carry books when I travel - there's nothing better to do on the plane/train/car :)
- It's hard to imagine myself in 10 years; hopefully, I'll be a powerful businesswoman, still in love with the same handsome guy, but my no.1 personal goal is to smile more, try to find happiness in the simple things and actually "live". Life is pretty damn short to waste even one second of it.
- I will be spending Christmas at home with family and friends and couldn't be happier about it. I've had a pretty rough year (but you wouldn't know, as I normally don't share this kind of details with you guys) and laying low over the Holidays seems like the perfect plan. OK, we might go on a last-minute NYE trip, but nothing is certain yet.
- And probably the most anticipated answer of the evening; the two editing apps I swear by are Snapseed & VSCO. And that vintage-feel you all love can only be achieved with Nebi.
Looks like that's all for now. I love you and couldn't be more thankful for your constant support. I wouldn't be able to do what I love if it wasn't for you guys and I just wanted to thank you once again. And that comes from the bottom of my heart.